Acceptable Use Policy
AforeUK Ltd Acceptable Use Policy
This policy contains guidelines on how the Customer shall use the Service. These guidelines give the Customer clear expectation as to what constitutes fair and reasonable account usage. The Customer acknowledges that it is bound by these guidelines as a user of the Service, in order that AforeUK can operate a reliable Service for all of our customers.
The purposes of the AUP include:
- To guarantee reliable service to our clients;
- To guarantee the security and privacy of both our systems and network and third-party systems and networks;
- To satisfy statutory requirements;
- To uphold our reputation as a responsible service provider;
- To promote the responsible use of the Internet, and to discourage any activities that reduce the value and usefulness of Internet services;
- To ensure the privacy and security of individual users.
- Conduct that violates law, regulation or the accepted norms of the Internet community, whether or not expressly mentioned in this policy, is prohibited. AforeUK reserves the right at all times to prohibit such activities including but not limited to instant termination of the Service without a refund.
The following activities such as but not limited to infringe the AforeUK AUP:
- Fraudulent activities;
- E-mail spamming;
- Any form of bulk e-mail irrespective of recipient opt-in
- 100 recipients per email
- 100 emails sent per mailbox per hour
- 500 emails sent per domain per hour
- E-mail or news bombing;
- Usenet spamming;
- Unauthorised access to third party accounts;
- Network disruptions and other hostile activities e.g. DoS and DDoS;
- Dissemination of computer viruses.
Customers may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including but not limited to:
- Unauthorised access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorisation of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorisation of the owner of the system or network;
- interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorisation, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail; or
- any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the AforeUK’s network.
The Customer is responsible for providing and maintaining accurate and up-to-date contact information. Providing false data e.g. contact details or fraudulently using details e.g. credit card numbers is grounds for immediate termination.
IRC robots or IRC sessions may not be run from AforeUK’s server accounts.
Customers may not employ programs that consume excessive CPU time or storage space. AforeUK reserves the right to terminate CPU intensive process.
Customers may not use shared hosting Services for back-ups, providing free hosting services or running proxies.
Customers must safeguard their account passwords to prevent unauthorised access to their account.
AforeUK provides users with bandwidth, disk space and other resources, such as e-mail and/or file-transfer-protocol (“FTP”) accounts, the amount of which is defined in AforeUK’s web pages describing the Services purchased at the time of purchase. In some cases, AforeUK may not establish a specific amount of bandwidth, disk space and other resources, and refer to that as “Unlimited”. In all cases, the services are intended for normal use only, and any activity that results in excessive usage that is inconsistent with normal usage patterns is strictly prohibited.
Shared hosting Services described as “Unlimited” allow the Customer unlimited server space for normal routine non-file-distribution web usage. For websites that allow downloading of video, audio or other files we reserve the right to impose a bandwidth limit of twenty-five (25) gigabytes per calendar month. Non-file-distribution usage will remain unaffected by any limit imposed on downloading of video, audio or other files.
AforeUK reserves the right to suspend, discontinue or delete the accounts of Customers whose use of disk space, bandwidth or other resources results in or presents the risk of degradation of service to other customers, regardless of the amount of disk space, bandwidth or other resources included in the Customers Service.
The Customer agrees that all resource usage e.g. data-transfer, disk space, etc. shall not exceed the amounts defined in intelHub’s web pages describing the Services.
AforeUK reserve the right to employ traffic shaping techniques on high usage customers and non-time-sensitive applications such as but not limited to Peer-to-Peer (P2P) file sharing.
If the data transfer usage of the Service by the Customer is continuously and adversely affecting AforeUK’s network and the Service to other customers. AforeUK reserve the right (at its sole discretion) to:
- disable the Customer’s Service, without prior notice, until it can reduce its data transfer usage; or
- charge the Customer for excess data transfer at the rate published by AforeUK in this Agreement from time to time;
- terminate the Customer’s Service on thirty (30) days written notice.
Customers should give AforeUK at least forty-eight (48) hours notice of any resource intensive activities they wish to perform, so that adequate provisions can be made.
Any decision made by AforeUK in relation to its Services and the AUP shall be final.